On June 15, the Clasico Tanteo de Potrancas (Chi-I), fell to Divina Preciosa, a daughter of the American export Crocker Road, yet another of the busy clan of Missy Baba.
Phipps Stable's homebred Boisterous ran like an even-money favorite should in the $150,000 Knickerbocker Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 13 at Belmont Park, looping the field on the far turn to score by two.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Making his dirt debut, and running in a grade I event for only the second time, Pool Play won the Stephen Foster to become a player in the older male division.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
Traditionally considered a sire-making race, a win in the Metropolitan Handicap (gr. I) is a coveted addition to the resume of future sires like 2010 winner Quality Road.
Life's Magic, one of the greatest fillies in racing history, died at Trackside Farm in Versailles, Kentucky Aug. 21. She was 26 years old.
Michael Tabor's Zavata stalked a fast early pace and drew off to an authoritative 7 ¼-length victory Wednesday in the 100th running of the $150,000 Saratoga Special (gr. II) for 2-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Conquest Titan, Vinceremos Loom in Tampa Bay