On June 15, the Clasico Tanteo de Potrancas (Chi-I), fell to Divina Preciosa, a daughter of the American export Crocker Road, yet another of the busy clan of Missy Baba.
Phipps Stable's homebred Boisterous ran like an even-money favorite should in the $150,000 Knickerbocker Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 13 at Belmont Park, looping the field on the far turn to score by two.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Making his dirt debut, and running in a grade I event for only the second time, Pool Play won the Stephen Foster to become a player in the older male division.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
Traditionally considered a sire-making race, a win in the Metropolitan Handicap (gr. I) is a coveted addition to the resume of future sires like 2010 winner Quality Road.
Life's Magic, one of the greatest fillies in racing history, died at Trackside Farm in Versailles, Kentucky Aug. 21. She was 26 years old.
Michael Tabor's Zavata stalked a fast early pace and drew off to an authoritative 7 ¼-length victory Wednesday in the 100th running of the $150,000 Saratoga Special (gr. II) for 2-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Simulcasts in Hong Kong Not Likely in 2015
- Tracks Across Country Mark PDJF Day
- Maternal Influences Make a Difference
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- TimeformUS Stakes Preview
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- Jockey Jellison Dies of Cancer at Age 51
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa