Taking on older males for the first time proved to be no problem for Lady Aurelia as the 3-year-old daughter of Scat Daddy scored by three lengths in the King's Stand Stakes (G1) June 20 at Royal Ascot.
While most of the attention "across the pond" in America is focused on Miss Temple City's appearance in the Queen Anne Stakes (G1), the Royal Ascot opening day feature for most of the locals will be the St. James's Palace (G1).
The top-rated miler in the world, Able Friend, will take aim at the Queen Anne Stakes (Eng-I) June 16 when the prestigious Royal Ascot meet gets off to a flying start with three group I races.
Henrythenavigator got things off to a great start for Aidan O'Brien by cruising to a deceptively easy three-quarter of a length victory in the Coventry Stakes (Eng-II), the opening race of the Royal Ascot meeting.
Racing at the Royal Ascot at York meet got underway June 14 with the Coventry Stakes (Eng-II) for 2-year-olds, and it was Red Ransom's son, Red Clubs, winning his third consecutive race after an opening loss.
Most Popular Stories
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase