A three-month layoff earlier this year may have helped Strike Charmer, as she registered her first stakes win since 2014 in the $150,000 Beaugay Stakes (gr. IIIT) Saturday, May 14 at Belmont Park.
Courtlandt Farms' homebred Strike Charmer broke through at the graded level with a good rally Nov. 22, claiming the $119,700 Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Bill Mott has taken over the training of Lane's End Stakes (gr. II) winner Adriano and likely will point the son of A.P. Indy for races on the grass, where he's two for four with one second.
The millionaire Film Maker, making her 6-year-old debut, overtook her five rivals near the sixteenth pole and went on to a 3 1/4-length romp in the $190,000 All Along Breeders' Cup (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares Saturday at Colonial Downs.
Favored Sweet Talker squeezed her way through an opening between horses in mid-stretch and was all out to hold off the determined spoiler Joint Aspiration by a head to win the $200,000 WinStar Distaff Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Lone Star Park turf Monday.
Courtlandt Farms' even-money favorite Film Maker swung into action in the stretch for a patient Edgar Prado and inhaled her rivals in the $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Calder Race Course turf.
Top Commander led all the way for a 1 1/2 -length victory in the $150,000 Count Fleet Sprint Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park on Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Miller Promoted at Millennium Farms
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Strangles Leads to ThistleDown Quarantine