Under a patient ride from Joel Rosario, odds-on choice Smiling Tiger rolled to a 2 1/2-length victory in the $200,000 Count Fleet Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park April 14.
New York-bred Grey Comet remained perfect in his young four-race career when he held off the persistent challenge of Mustang Jock to win the $81,350 Count Fleet Handicap on Saturday at Aqueduct.
The voyage to the Triple Crown is a long, demanding trip that starts in New York Saturday with the $75,000 Count Fleet for 3-year-olds going 1 mile and 70 yards at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Beautyinthepulpit to New York's Buckridge Farm