Dancing Forever glided to the rail midstretch in the June 7 Woodford Reserve Manhattan (gr. IT) and looked like a winner, but Out of Control was ready to give him a tussle in the final yards. In a thriller to the finish, it was Dancing Forever who became a grade I winner in the $400,000 Manhattan with his nose decision over Out of Control in the 1 1/4-mile turf race at Belmont Park.
Zabeel Racing International's Stream of Gold won for the first time in nearly three years, and recorded his first win on American soil March 16, as the 7-year-old gelding scored by a neck over True Cause in the $150,000 Mac Diarmida Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Gulfstream Park turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- Filly is First Winner for Albertus Maximus
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week
- Bradester Too Strong in Salvator Mile
- Grand Bili Upsets Barbados in Carry Back
- Merry Meadow Wins Princess Rooney in Return
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Aldous Snow Repeats in Singspiel Stakes