Joint Effort, ridden by Rene Douglas, opened a clear lead in the stretch and held off a late surge from Ready to Please and Victorina to score a one-length victory in Saturday's $167,850 Dogwood Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs.
Joint Effort, an impressive winner of the $100,000-added La Troienne (gr. III) on Kentucky Derby Day, and Ready to Please, who won the Fantasy (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park in her stakes debut, head the field in the $150,000-added Dogwood Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Canadian invader Top Notch Lady brought the snow with her Saturday at Turfway Park and came away with an upset victory in the $150,000 Bourbonette Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies.
Saturday's $150,000 Bourbonette Breeders' Cup on the Lane's End undercard at Turfway Park, run this year for the first time as a grade III race, has attracted 10 sophomore fillies, including four who have already won a stakes race and two others who are stakes placed.
Most Popular Stories
- The Influence of His Majesty
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Los Alamitos Earns NTRA Safety Accreditation
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Integral Flies to Victory in Falmouth Stakes
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Analysis
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break