Joint Effort, ridden by Rene Douglas, opened a clear lead in the stretch and held off a late surge from Ready to Please and Victorina to score a one-length victory in Saturday's $167,850 Dogwood Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs.
Joint Effort, an impressive winner of the $100,000-added La Troienne (gr. III) on Kentucky Derby Day, and Ready to Please, who won the Fantasy (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park in her stakes debut, head the field in the $150,000-added Dogwood Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Canadian invader Top Notch Lady brought the snow with her Saturday at Turfway Park and came away with an upset victory in the $150,000 Bourbonette Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies.
Saturday's $150,000 Bourbonette Breeders' Cup on the Lane's End undercard at Turfway Park, run this year for the first time as a grade III race, has attracted 10 sophomore fillies, including four who have already won a stakes race and two others who are stakes placed.
Most Popular Stories
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- First Winner for Caleb's Posse at Gulfstream
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 27, 2016