Carol and George Nyren's Dry Martini showed plenty of determination while coming from well off the pace under jockey Elvis Trujillo to win the $300,000 Cornhusker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Prairie Meadows Saturday night.
S & S Stables' Silent Pleasure, coming off a narrow victory in the April 28 Texas Mile (gr. III), stretches out to 1 1/8 miles and looks to extend his four-race winning streak when he heads up a field of 10 as the 121-pound highweight in Saturday's running of the Cornhusker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Prairie Meadows.
Grade I winner Perfect Drift leads a field of six in Saturday's $300,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III).
Joseph Vitello's Tenpins will make a belated start on his 2003 campaign in the $350,000-added Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Breeders' Cup (gr. III) on July 12.
Euchre joins Bobby Frankel's deep handicap arsenal with a win in the Cornhusker Breeders' Cup Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- TTA to Conduct 2-Year-Old Sale in April
- Keeneland Plans for Sale Activity During BC
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field
- Bradester, Valid Meet Again at Monmouth
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- Suffolk to Subsidize Shipping for Fall Dates