Fred Bradley's grade I winner Brass Hat, making his first start in more than a year, demonstrated his good health when he broke a 36-year-old Churchill Downs track record at 1 1/16 miles Sunday, defeating favored Student Council by a head on closing day of the spring meet.
Murphy's Law continues to plague Fox Hill Farm's Rockport Harbor, who now has come down with an undetermined ailment, forcing trainer John Servis to cancel his scheduled work Saturday and putting his status for the April 16 Arkansas Derby (gr. II) in question.
Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's unbeaten Lunarpal will be looking to complete a rare sweep when he faces six 2-year-old rivals in the $150,000-added Bashford Manor Stakes (gr. III) Monday, the closing day of Churchill Downs spring meet.
Unbeaten Lunarpal is set for his bid to become the second horse to sweep Churchill Downs' three-race Spring Meet stakes series for 2-year-olds when he takes the gate in Monday's $100,000-added Bashford Manor (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks