A field of nine older runners will face off in the May 21 Hanshin Cup (gr. III) at Arlington Park, including defending champion Country Flavor.
Aikenite rallied from off the pace, collared Cool Bullet at the sixteenth-pole, and drew away for a decisive victory in the $175,000 Commonwealth Stakes (gr. II) on April 16.
A short field of five, three of which are graded stakes winners, will go postward in the April 16 Commonwealth Stakes (gr. II).
Grade II winner Discreetly Mine, most recently runner-up in the Woody Stephens (gr. II) last month, will face five rivals including filly Christine Daae in the $200,000 Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) July 4 at Monmouth.
Closing from out of the clouds, Ron the Greek ran down favored Maximus Ruler in the final strides to capture the $100,000 Lecomte Stakes (gr. III) by 1 1/2 lengths at Fair Grounds Jan. 23.
Highly-regarded Maximus Ruler makes his 3-year-old debut when he battles 10 rivals in the $100,000 LeComte Stakes (gr. III) Jan. 23 at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park