A field of nine older runners will face off in the May 21 Hanshin Cup (gr. III) at Arlington Park, including defending champion Country Flavor.
Aikenite rallied from off the pace, collared Cool Bullet at the sixteenth-pole, and drew away for a decisive victory in the $175,000 Commonwealth Stakes (gr. II) on April 16.
A short field of five, three of which are graded stakes winners, will go postward in the April 16 Commonwealth Stakes (gr. II).
Grade II winner Discreetly Mine, most recently runner-up in the Woody Stephens (gr. II) last month, will face five rivals including filly Christine Daae in the $200,000 Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) July 4 at Monmouth.
Closing from out of the clouds, Ron the Greek ran down favored Maximus Ruler in the final strides to capture the $100,000 Lecomte Stakes (gr. III) by 1 1/2 lengths at Fair Grounds Jan. 23.
Highly-regarded Maximus Ruler makes his 3-year-old debut when he battles 10 rivals in the $100,000 LeComte Stakes (gr. III) Jan. 23 at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- A New Brand of Hero
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival