A field of nine older runners will face off in the May 21 Hanshin Cup (gr. III) at Arlington Park, including defending champion Country Flavor.
Aikenite rallied from off the pace, collared Cool Bullet at the sixteenth-pole, and drew away for a decisive victory in the $175,000 Commonwealth Stakes (gr. II) on April 16.
A short field of five, three of which are graded stakes winners, will go postward in the April 16 Commonwealth Stakes (gr. II).
Grade II winner Discreetly Mine, most recently runner-up in the Woody Stephens (gr. II) last month, will face five rivals including filly Christine Daae in the $200,000 Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) July 4 at Monmouth.
Closing from out of the clouds, Ron the Greek ran down favored Maximus Ruler in the final strides to capture the $100,000 Lecomte Stakes (gr. III) by 1 1/2 lengths at Fair Grounds Jan. 23.
Highly-regarded Maximus Ruler makes his 3-year-old debut when he battles 10 rivals in the $100,000 LeComte Stakes (gr. III) Jan. 23 at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes
- Secretariat Photo Album
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- CHRB Discusses 'Jail-Time' Claiming Rule Change
- Will Antonoe Upset the Diana Stakes?