The recent announcement by Breeders' Cup to ban horses from being entered in the World Championships if their trainers are found to be in violation of its convicted trainers rule, effective 2015, could signal change.
As part of the board revision of the convicted trainer rule, Breeders' Cup prohibits the participation by assistant trainers or other employees that affected trainers may transfer horses to following sanctions.
The Breeders' Cup has revised its "Convicted Trainer Rule" and will impose a minimum one-year suspension from the World Championships on any trainer with a Class 2, Category A, violation during the preceding 12 months.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Adventist 'Ready' if Derby Spot Opens Up
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning