Industry stakeholders July 8 indicated they plan to push harder for mandatory continuing education programs for Thoroughbred trainers.
In an effort to enhance equine welfare, health and safety and overall horsemanship skills, the Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation will offer free, online horsemanship courses.
Educating trainers about the warning signs of catastrophic injury and having committees focus on racetrack safety are two ways safety can be improved at the racetrack.
Diagnosing and treating upper and lower respiratory issues and the use of corticosteroids in racehorses will be discussed as part of a continuing education seminar for trainers June 27 at Indiana Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- Name Change for Historical Racing Company
- PA House Resolution Supports Sports Betting
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle