Sam Houston Race Park will offer $1.7 million in stakes for its 2014 Thoroughbred meet, which spans 32 days from Jan. 17-March 11.
The 2011 Texas racing season begins Jan. 21 with the opening of Sam Houston Race Park, which will offer a 27-day meet through March 7.
Saturday's John B. Conally features seven-year-old Green Fee and Candid Glen, the winner of the last two runnings of the $200,000 race.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile