Stradivari, who sustained a career-ending lateral condylar fracture of his right front leg during training hours at Saratoga Race Course July 22, is recuperating at nearby Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital after undergoing surgery July 26.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission necropsy program is continuing to provide evidence that many racehorses that suffer catastrophic injuries often have pre-existing conditions that lead to breakdowns.
A Little Warm, winner of the July 31 Jim Dandy Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga, suffered condylar fractures to both front legs Oct. 21 and will most likely be retired from racing, his connections told the Daily Racing Form.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Streaking A. P. Indian Tops Vosburgh
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale