The Jockeys' Guild and University of Kentucky will embark on a three-year pilot study, supported by a broad cross-section of Thoroughbred organizations, designed to evolve into the first comprehensive concussion management protocol for jockeys.
Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse jockeys will be learning the latest information about health and safety issues, especially related to concussions, during the 2014 Jockeys' Guild Assembly Jan. 26-28 in Hollywood, Fla.
Representatives of jockeys' organizations from around the world gathered at Monmouth Park Sept. 13 for the first session of a two-day meeting of the International Conference on Health, Safety, and Welfare of Jockeys.
Most Popular Stories
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes
- Secretariat Photo Album
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- CHRB Discusses 'Jail-Time' Claiming Rule Change
- Will Antonoe Upset the Diana Stakes?