The Jockeys' Guild and University of Kentucky will embark on a three-year pilot study, supported by a broad cross-section of Thoroughbred organizations, designed to evolve into the first comprehensive concussion management protocol for jockeys.
Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse jockeys will be learning the latest information about health and safety issues, especially related to concussions, during the 2014 Jockeys' Guild Assembly Jan. 26-28 in Hollywood, Fla.
Representatives of jockeys' organizations from around the world gathered at Monmouth Park Sept. 13 for the first session of a two-day meeting of the International Conference on Health, Safety, and Welfare of Jockeys.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field