The Jockeys' Guild and University of Kentucky will embark on a three-year pilot study, supported by a broad cross-section of Thoroughbred organizations, designed to evolve into the first comprehensive concussion management protocol for jockeys.
Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse jockeys will be learning the latest information about health and safety issues, especially related to concussions, during the 2014 Jockeys' Guild Assembly Jan. 26-28 in Hollywood, Fla.
Representatives of jockeys' organizations from around the world gathered at Monmouth Park Sept. 13 for the first session of a two-day meeting of the International Conference on Health, Safety, and Welfare of Jockeys.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner