Sent to post at odds of 29-1 in a field of 11 for the 1 1/16-mile event, Hay Dakota was third-to-last at the top of the stretch but swung wide to deliver his late kick and outran Bondurant at the finish to stop the clock in 1:43.60 over firm turf.
After tracking the early leaders through the far turn, River Seven edged past Frac Daddy in deep stretch to win the $115,400 Commonwealth Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) the night of Nov. 16 on the turf at Churchill Downs.
Frac Daddy will race at Churchill Downs for the first time since his off-the-board finish in the Kentucky Debry Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) when he starts in the $100,000 Commonwealth Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) Nov. 16.
Humble and Hungry earned the first stakes victory of his career when he soared past his rivals near mid-stretch to easily upset the $111,200 Commonwealth Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) at rainy Churchill Downs Nov. 3.
Pluck will make his first appearance at Churchill Downs since winning last year's Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT) when he faces a full field of 3-year-olds in the $100,000 Commonwealth Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) Nov. 3.
The richest autumn stakes schedule in the history of Churchill Downs will offer a roster of 12 events with total purses of $2.35- million during its Oct. 31-Nov. 27 "Fall Festival of Racing."
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta