A record number of foals were nominated to the Breeders' Cup program in 2006, and now a record 52% of the eligible North American foal crop can participate in the program.
A record 15,850 foals were nominated to the Breeders' Cup program in 2004, Breeders' Cup officials said Jan. 13.
Breeders' Cup foal nominations rebounded in 2003 after two years of declines. A total of 14,927 foals were nominated to the Breeders' Cup in 2003, which marks a 7.3% increase from the previous year.
Breeders' Cup Limited and the National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Thursday that 15,020 foals were nominated to the Breeders' Cup program in 2001. The total is down 4.84% from the previous year and is the first decline in nominated foals since 1992.
Breeders' Cup had a record number of foal nominations and revenue from them in 2000, officials announced Wednesday. In all, 15,760 foals were nominated to the Breeders' Cup program in 2000. In 1999, the previous high of 15,191 was recorded. Total revenue generated by the 2000 crop was $7.88 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Rabada Strikes for Second Group I Win in SAf
- Exaggerator Gallops at Pimlico Race Course
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever