A record number of foals were nominated to the Breeders' Cup program in 2006, and now a record 52% of the eligible North American foal crop can participate in the program.
A record 15,850 foals were nominated to the Breeders' Cup program in 2004, Breeders' Cup officials said Jan. 13.
Breeders' Cup foal nominations rebounded in 2003 after two years of declines. A total of 14,927 foals were nominated to the Breeders' Cup in 2003, which marks a 7.3% increase from the previous year.
Breeders' Cup Limited and the National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Thursday that 15,020 foals were nominated to the Breeders' Cup program in 2001. The total is down 4.84% from the previous year and is the first decline in nominated foals since 1992.
Breeders' Cup had a record number of foal nominations and revenue from them in 2000, officials announced Wednesday. In all, 15,760 foals were nominated to the Breeders' Cup program in 2000. In 1999, the previous high of 15,191 was recorded. Total revenue generated by the 2000 crop was $7.88 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Tamarando Retired, Will Stand at Harris Farms
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- UAE Derby Features Japan's Kentucky Derby Qualifier
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale