Lisa Underwood said Oct. 24 she will step down as executive director of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission to take a job with Wyatt, Tarrant, and Combs, a law firm for which she had worked previously.
Herman Wesley Combs, a blacksmith for a number of prominent horsemen in the 1950s to the 1990s, died in Miami Feb. 10.
Bill Carl, who owned Old Colony Insurance in Lexington, died the afternoon of Jan. 12.
Lucky Lucky Lucky, a grade I winner who set a Keeneland January sale record, was euthanized Aug. 25 because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
Harry Schmidt Jr., the 1985 Kentucky Farm Manager of the Year and longtime broodmare manager at Spendthrift Farm near Lexington, died Tuesday in a Lexington hospital.
Daniel Swigert Combs II, whose grandfather, Leslie Combs II, founded Spendthrift Farm near Lexington, died Feb. 27 in his sleep at his Fort Myers, Fla., home.
Brownell Combs, the former head of Spendthrift Farm near Lexington, has pleaded guilty to federal income tax fraud, the Columbus Dispatch reported Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- Sportech New Tote Provider for Ellis Park
- HK Jockey Club, Longines Extend Partnership
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App