Estimate led in the final furlong of the Gold Cup (Eng-I) June 20 at Royal Ascot and gamely turned back a strong challenge to narrowly prevail in the 2 1/2-mile marathon for owner Queen Elizabeth II.
The Gold Cup (Eng-I) is Ascot's oldest surviving race and attracted 18 entrants for this year's renewal June 20 at the Royal meeting, including previous winners Colour Vision and Rite of Passage.
Ceremony participants and an invited audience of 300 celebrated the racing career of Frankel, who joins Ouija Board (2004 and 2006) as the only two-time Cartier Horse of the Year winner.
Excelebration, the world's second-best miler behind Frankel, tops a field of eight set for the QIPCO Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Eng-I) on Oct. 20 at Ascot.
Molly Malone, always in striking position for jockey Umberto Rispoli, closed with a rush to win the marathon Qatar Prix du Cadran (Fr-I) to conclude the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe program at Longchamp Oct. 7.
View the races of Royal Ascot. view slideshow
Comments from Frankie Dettori after winning the Ascot Gold Cup aboard Colour Vision. watch video
Colour Vision rallied under a strong drive from jockey Frankie Dettori and was able to hold off stablemate Opinion Poll to win the $542,500 Ascot Gold Cup (Eng-I) by a half-length at Royal Ascot June 21.
Fame And Glory will attempt to emulate his former Ballydoyle stablemate Yeats when he bids for a repeat victory in the $542,500 Ascot Gold Cup (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot June 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown