Godolphin entrymates Romansh and Long River ran one-two, respectivley, in the $150,000 Excelsior Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack March 22.
The colt was the first yearling to break the half-million-dollar mark during the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Select yearling sale.
Favored Savorthetime surged past the pacesetting Cologny at the sixteenth pole and pulled away for a 2 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 First Lady Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
A muddy track and a blistering pace helped Our Sugar Bear Stable's Travelator to a head victory over Sensibly Chic in the $80,900 Garland of Roses Handicap for fillies and mares at six furlongs Saturday at Aqueduct.
Favorite Sugar Punch won her fifth consecutive race when she overcame frontrunner Cologny in midstretch of the $107,700 Schenectady Stakes for New York-bred fillies and mares at Belmont Park on Sunday.
Favored Feline Story, ridden to well-timed perfection by Edgar Prado, caught a tiring Cologny in the final strides to register a neck victory in the $104,400 Floral Park Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares on a sloppy Belmont Park strip Saturday.
Our Sugar Bear Stable's three-time stakes winner Travelator is the 116-pound highweight in the 10th running of the $100,000 Floral Park Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park. Topping a field of five fillies and mares set to travel the 6 furlongs, the Stanley Hough-trained runner comes back only seven days after stepping up in class in an eight-length loss Sept. 11 in the Endine Handicap (gr. III) at Delaware Park
Dogwood Stable's Smok'n Frolic didn't show much spark in her last start, but Todd Pletcher, Saratoga's leading trainer, says he isn't concerned that she'll give a similar effort in Friday's $150,000 Honorable Miss Handicap, which was upgraded to grade II status this season.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out