St Nicholas Abbey underwent emergency surgery for colic the morning of July 26, and his prognosis is "very guarded," owner Coolmore said.
Champion Speightstown had colic surgery April 1, and WinStar Farm, where the stallion stands, reported April 2 he's "recovering well" after successful surgery.
Elizabeth Moran's Excellent Meeting died March 23 during colic surgery at Rood and Riddle equine hospital near Lexington.
The condition of 2002 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Sarava was improving on Monday, one day after he underwent emergency colic surgery, but trainer Bob Baffert said New Phoenix Stable's Wild Again colt was "not out of the woods yet."
- By Steve Haskin
Team Valor and Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's Cashier's Dream who underwent surgery Tuesday for what was diagnosed as a twisted intestine, was "doing much better" Thursday evening, Team Valor president Barry Irwin said.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Albertrani Sends Berned West for Starlet
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet