St Nicholas Abbey underwent emergency surgery for colic the morning of July 26, and his prognosis is "very guarded," owner Coolmore said.
Champion Speightstown had colic surgery April 1, and WinStar Farm, where the stallion stands, reported April 2 he's "recovering well" after successful surgery.
Elizabeth Moran's Excellent Meeting died March 23 during colic surgery at Rood and Riddle equine hospital near Lexington.
The condition of 2002 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Sarava was improving on Monday, one day after he underwent emergency colic surgery, but trainer Bob Baffert said New Phoenix Stable's Wild Again colt was "not out of the woods yet."
Team Valor and Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's Cashier's Dream who underwent surgery Tuesday for what was diagnosed as a twisted intestine, was "doing much better" Thursday evening, Team Valor president Barry Irwin said.
Most Popular Stories
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- The Thoroughbred Racehorse Foot
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris