St Nicholas Abbey underwent emergency surgery for colic the morning of July 26, and his prognosis is "very guarded," owner Coolmore said.
Champion Speightstown had colic surgery April 1, and WinStar Farm, where the stallion stands, reported April 2 he's "recovering well" after successful surgery.
Elizabeth Moran's Excellent Meeting died March 23 during colic surgery at Rood and Riddle equine hospital near Lexington.
The condition of 2002 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Sarava was improving on Monday, one day after he underwent emergency colic surgery, but trainer Bob Baffert said New Phoenix Stable's Wild Again colt was "not out of the woods yet."
- By Steve Haskin
Team Valor and Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's Cashier's Dream who underwent surgery Tuesday for what was diagnosed as a twisted intestine, was "doing much better" Thursday evening, Team Valor president Barry Irwin said.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Laurel Adds New High-Definition Infield Board