St Nicholas Abbey underwent emergency surgery for colic the morning of July 26, and his prognosis is "very guarded," owner Coolmore said.
Champion Speightstown had colic surgery April 1, and WinStar Farm, where the stallion stands, reported April 2 he's "recovering well" after successful surgery.
Elizabeth Moran's Excellent Meeting died March 23 during colic surgery at Rood and Riddle equine hospital near Lexington.
The condition of 2002 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Sarava was improving on Monday, one day after he underwent emergency colic surgery, but trainer Bob Baffert said New Phoenix Stable's Wild Again colt was "not out of the woods yet."
Team Valor and Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's Cashier's Dream who underwent surgery Tuesday for what was diagnosed as a twisted intestine, was "doing much better" Thursday evening, Team Valor president Barry Irwin said.
Most Popular Stories
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Clubhouse Ride Retired to Stud in California
- Jockey Chapa Appeals Suspension, Fine
- Seven Seek First Graded Score in Las Flores
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST
- Avila Draws Suspension Dates, Plans to Appeal
- Metaboss Working Toward Spiral Start
- The Big Beast Looking at Stakes Return