The Bob Baffert-trained Coil drew the rail for the fourth time in six career starts in the Haskell Invitational (gr. I) July 31 at Monmouth Park.
Jason, Ian and Evan handicap the Haskell and Jim Dandy this weekend. Watch Video
Making his stakes debut for trainer Neil Drysdale, Dreamy Kid caught hot 1-2 favorite Coil at the wire for a head victory in the $150,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. II) July 9 at Hollywood Park.
After living up to his billing with a win in the Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) last month, fast-improving Coil appears ready to strike again in the $150,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. II) July 9 at Hollywood Park.
Today Craig Bernick, 33, serves the Glen Hill outfit as president and COO, planning matings, buying stock, and traveling coast to coast to oversee the racing stable for his 91-year-old grandfather. read blog
Jason Shandler provides updates on all 3YOs that won graded stakes this season. read blog
Son of Point Given could be a major 3YO threat in second half of 2011. read blog
Coil appears to be the latest top-notch 3-year-old in the barn of trainer Bob Baffert after the son of Point Given passed his initial route test in the $100,000 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park June 11.
Awesome Patriot and Coil, two colts previously considered for races at Belmont Park June 11, give trainer Bob Baffert a strong hand in the $100,000 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) the same day at Hollywood Park.
Three-year-olds Awesome Patriot, Coil, Jaycito, Smash, The Factor, and Uncle Sam could all be major players for Bob Baffert during the second half of the 2011 season.
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Loss Can't Derail Pharoah Phenomenon
- Island Town Crushes Smarty Jones Field
- Private Zone Speeds to Forego Victory
- Australian Trainer Bart Cummings Dies at 87
- Sheer Drama Plays Spoiler in Personal Ensign
- Flintshire Flies Away From Sword Dancer Foes
- Unbridled Forever Rolls to First Grade I Win
- Chilean Invader Dacita Takes Ballston Spa