Egyptian Ra took the points but Good Ba Ba's Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) claims remain very much intact after a sensational ride from Felix Coetzee turned the favorite over in the HK$3 million Cathay Pacific International Mile Trial (HK-II).
Renowned Asian sprinter Silent Witness stretched his unbeaten record to 15 when he romped to victory in the $576,900 Centenary Sprint Cup at Sha Tin (HK-I) Sunday night.
Two months ago Lucky Owners beat some of the world's best in the Hong Kong Mile (HK-I). On Sunday, his attention shifts to putting his Sha Tin-based peers to task in the HK$8 million Mercedes-Benz Hong Kong Classic Mile (HK-I).
Lucky Owners, owned by Mr. And Mrs. Leung Kai Fai, pulled off a mild 5-1 upset in the Sunday afternoon's Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) at Sha Tin Racecourse. Bowman's Crossing was second, a half-length off the winner, and was 1 1/4-lengths ahead of race favorite Lohengrin, who finished third.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago