Willcox Inn, winner of the Arlington Classic, which kicked off the Mid-America Triple May 28 at Arlington Park, returns in pursuit of the $200,000 American Derby (gr. IIT), the second leg of the series July 9.
Southern California shipper Thirtyfirststreet, making his first start on turf at odds of 21-1, took advantage of a crawling pace to edge Close Ally by a half-length in the $200,000 Lone Star Derby May 30.
Glen Hill Farm's Banned redeemed himself from a failed effort in last year's Breeders' Cup, as he came with a powerful run under Garrett Gomez to score the $237,400 American Turf Presented by Ram (gr. IIT) May 6 at Churchill.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz