Willcox Inn, winner of the Arlington Classic, which kicked off the Mid-America Triple May 28 at Arlington Park, returns in pursuit of the $200,000 American Derby (gr. IIT), the second leg of the series July 9.
Southern California shipper Thirtyfirststreet, making his first start on turf at odds of 21-1, took advantage of a crawling pace to edge Close Ally by a half-length in the $200,000 Lone Star Derby May 30.
Glen Hill Farm's Banned redeemed himself from a failed effort in last year's Breeders' Cup, as he came with a powerful run under Garrett Gomez to score the $237,400 American Turf Presented by Ram (gr. IIT) May 6 at Churchill.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Streaking A. P. Indian Tops Vosburgh
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile