Willcox Inn, winner of the Arlington Classic, which kicked off the Mid-America Triple May 28 at Arlington Park, returns in pursuit of the $200,000 American Derby (gr. IIT), the second leg of the series July 9.
Southern California shipper Thirtyfirststreet, making his first start on turf at odds of 21-1, took advantage of a crawling pace to edge Close Ally by a half-length in the $200,000 Lone Star Derby May 30.
Glen Hill Farm's Banned redeemed himself from a failed effort in last year's Breeders' Cup, as he came with a powerful run under Garrett Gomez to score the $237,400 American Turf Presented by Ram (gr. IIT) May 6 at Churchill.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill