Willcox Inn, winner of the Arlington Classic, which kicked off the Mid-America Triple May 28 at Arlington Park, returns in pursuit of the $200,000 American Derby (gr. IIT), the second leg of the series July 9.
Southern California shipper Thirtyfirststreet, making his first start on turf at odds of 21-1, took advantage of a crawling pace to edge Close Ally by a half-length in the $200,000 Lone Star Derby May 30.
Glen Hill Farm's Banned redeemed himself from a failed effort in last year's Breeders' Cup, as he came with a powerful run under Garrett Gomez to score the $237,400 American Turf Presented by Ram (gr. IIT) May 6 at Churchill.
Most Popular Stories
- Sheikh Mohammed 'Definitely' Plans to Hike DWC Purse
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Suffolk Downs Sale Approved by Gaming Commission
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Taghleeb Looks For Third Straight Win in Pan American
- Churchill Downs Inc. Rejoins NTRA
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue