Joel Rosario, one of two jockeys hospitalized following a Feb. 20 spill at Gulfstream Park, is nearing a return that could have him riding the week of the $1 million Xpressbet.com Florida Derby (gr. I) April 2.
Jockeys Joel Rosario and Rafael Hernandez will both be sidelined for at least a month after suffering injuries in a spill in a turf race at Gulfstream Park Feb. 20.
Jockey Elvis Trujillo is expected to be out of action at Gulfstream Park for 90 days, according to agent Cliff Collier.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame