Joel Rosario, one of two jockeys hospitalized following a Feb. 20 spill at Gulfstream Park, is nearing a return that could have him riding the week of the $1 million Xpressbet.com Florida Derby (gr. I) April 2.
Jockeys Joel Rosario and Rafael Hernandez will both be sidelined for at least a month after suffering injuries in a spill in a turf race at Gulfstream Park Feb. 20.
Jockey Elvis Trujillo is expected to be out of action at Gulfstream Park for 90 days, according to agent Cliff Collier.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud
- VanMeter-Gentry Loaded at Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic