Joel Rosario, one of two jockeys hospitalized following a Feb. 20 spill at Gulfstream Park, is nearing a return that could have him riding the week of the $1 million Xpressbet.com Florida Derby (gr. I) April 2.
Jockeys Joel Rosario and Rafael Hernandez will both be sidelined for at least a month after suffering injuries in a spill in a turf race at Gulfstream Park Feb. 20.
Jockey Elvis Trujillo is expected to be out of action at Gulfstream Park for 90 days, according to agent Cliff Collier.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes