Joel Rosario, one of two jockeys hospitalized following a Feb. 20 spill at Gulfstream Park, is nearing a return that could have him riding the week of the $1 million Xpressbet.com Florida Derby (gr. I) April 2.
Jockeys Joel Rosario and Rafael Hernandez will both be sidelined for at least a month after suffering injuries in a spill in a turf race at Gulfstream Park Feb. 20.
Jockey Elvis Trujillo is expected to be out of action at Gulfstream Park for 90 days, according to agent Cliff Collier.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint