New Year's Day, who upset favored Havana in the $2 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I), has been retired after sustaining an injury and will enter stud at Hill 'n' Dale Farms in Lexington.
After being purchased privately for a lofty but undisclosed sum, Sky Girl provided new owner John Clay's Alpha Delta Stables with a quick return on investment in the $110,000 Dogwood Stakes Sept. 21 at Churchill Downs.
An A.P. Indy filly became the first seven-figure purchase at the March 25 Fasig-Tipton Florida sale of selected 2-year-olds in training when she was acquired by Green Hills Farm for $1.1 million.
Grade I winner Line of David sired his first reported foals when a colt and filly were born recently in Central Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Day By Day
- Stars of the Oaks: Blind Luck
- Records Fall at 'Phenomenal' OBS Spring Sale
- Seven Derby Hopefuls Bred Outside Kentucky
- That Handicapping Show: Derby Trial Stakes
- Arizona Bill Legalizing ADW Sent to Governor
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Cairo Prince Scheduled for Ankle Surgery
- Proctor Sends Out Sharp Pair in Wilshire 'Cap
- Inimitable Romanee Earns Upset Nod in Bewitch