Prospective buyers in search of future stakes stars have diligently traversed the barn area of Palm Meadows Training Center in Boynton Beach, Fla., in recent days ahead of Fasig-Tipton's Florida sale on Monday, March 25.
You wouldn't know it by his record, but Stealcase has always been a standout ever since he arrived in the barn of trainer Mark Casse. He will finally try to put it all together in the $500,000 Vinery Racing Spiral Stakes.
- By Claire Novak
Danzel Brendemuehl's passion for Thoroughbred racing was ignited -- almost literally -- when she was just 16 years old. Now, after gaining valuable experience in the trenches of the industry, she's selecting top performers such as Monterey Jazz, Roses In May, Fleetstreet Dancer, and Fridays a Comin.
A Johannesburg colt named Zounds set a record for the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training when he brought $625,000 Monday at Timonium in Maryland. The price was also a new high for a horse sold at public auction in Maryland.
A 2-year-old filly from the first crop of Exploit sold for $75,000 Tuesday to top the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic July sale of 2-year-olds in training and older horses of racing age at Timonium in Maryland. Bradley Thoroughbred Brokerage purchased her from Danzel Brendemuehl's Classic Bloodstock, agent.
Most Popular Stories
- Commentary: Permeating Speed is a Problem
- Bolo Thrives in Return to Turf at Santa Anita
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- Son Wins 'Lopez Battle' at Golden Gate Fields
- Blood-Horse Unveils Multimedia Tablet Edition
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah