A colt by Into Mischief (Hip 509) consigned by Jaime Mejia's Thoroughbred Champions Training Center posted the fastest quarter of a mile breeze of the third under tack preview for the OBS June sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Prospective buyers in search of future stakes stars have diligently traversed the barn area of Palm Meadows Training Center in Boynton Beach, Fla., in recent days ahead of Fasig-Tipton's Florida sale on Monday, March 25.
You wouldn't know it by his record, but Stealcase has always been a standout ever since he arrived in the barn of trainer Mark Casse. He will finally try to put it all together in the $500,000 Vinery Racing Spiral Stakes.
- By Claire Novak
Danzel Brendemuehl's passion for Thoroughbred racing was ignited -- almost literally -- when she was just 16 years old. Now, after gaining valuable experience in the trenches of the industry, she's selecting top performers such as Monterey Jazz, Roses In May, Fleetstreet Dancer, and Fridays a Comin.
A Johannesburg colt named Zounds set a record for the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training when he brought $625,000 Monday at Timonium in Maryland. The price was also a new high for a horse sold at public auction in Maryland.
A 2-year-old filly from the first crop of Exploit sold for $75,000 Tuesday to top the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic July sale of 2-year-olds in training and older horses of racing age at Timonium in Maryland. Bradley Thoroughbred Brokerage purchased her from Danzel Brendemuehl's Classic Bloodstock, agent.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Derby by the Speed Numbers
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite