A. U. Miner, winner of the 2010 Greenwood Cup at Philadelphia Park (now Parx Racing) and third in the Breeders' Cup Marathon will enter stud for the 2014 season in Indiana.
A. U. Miner, the 3-1 second choice in the Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II), is recovering from successful surgery to repair broken sesamoids sustained during the 1 3/4 mile race at Churchill Downs Nov. 5.
A.U. Miner, who earned a second automatic berth in the Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) by virtue of winning the Greenwood Cup at Parx Racing, has been disqualified from the first-place purse earned in that July 16 victory.
For the second straight year, A. U. Miner earned an automatic berth in the Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) at Churchill Downs by winning the Greenwood Cup Stakes July 16 at Parx Racing.
Don Benge's A. U. Miner, a 14-1 longshot, charged down the center of the racetrack and got up by a neck over favored Alcomo to win the $250,000 Greenwood Cup at Philadelphia Park Casino & Racetrack July 17.
Don Benge's Maximus Ruler, runner-up in the Lecomte Stakes (gr. III) last month and an expected starter in this weekend's Risen Star (gr. II) -- both at Fair Grounds -- will miss the race because of a bruise on his foot
The Roman Ruler colt is scheduled to run in the Risen Star Stakes (gr. II).
Highly-regarded Maximus Ruler makes his 3-year-old debut when he battles 10 rivals in the $100,000 LeComte Stakes (gr. III) Jan. 23 at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Lea Tunes Up for Whitney in Workout
- World Approval, Night Prowler Seeking 'Fame'
- Flashy American, Willow Hills in Groupie Doll
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut
- Medication Among National HBPA Meeting Topics