As part of its extensive investigation into Steve Asmussen stable following allegations of horse mistreatment from an animal rights group, the KHRC compiled safety numbers in which the trainer fared well
All out in the drive, Bayerd reached the wire a head in front of Shotgun Kowboy in a terrific renewal of the $255,000 Remington Springboard Mile in the mud Dec. 14 on closing night of the 2014 Remington Park meet.
Scott Blasi, the assistant trainer to Steve Asmussen, has been relieved of his duties pending an examination of documents and videos released by the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, which alleges animal abuse.
Grade II winner Don't Get Mad, who finished fourth in the 2005 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), has been purchased by Dr. Robert Zoellner and Clark Brewster to stand in 2012 at Zoellner's Rockin' Z Ranch in Oklahoma.
The first reported foal for grade II winner Salute the Sarge is a filly out of Fair Verdict born Jan. 16 at Rockin Z Ranch in Beggs, Oklahoma.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Field Favored at Close of Derby Wager Pool 3
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- Rebel Still Possibilty for Take Charge Brandi
- Dortmund, Lord Nelson Set for San Felipe