The Department of Labor has filed a lawsuit against Steve Asmussen contending the Eclipse Award-winning trainer has failed to pay proper overtime and has not kept proper employment records.
As part of its extensive investigation into Steve Asmussen stable following allegations of horse mistreatment from an animal rights group, the KHRC compiled safety numbers in which the trainer fared well
All out in the drive, Bayerd reached the wire a head in front of Shotgun Kowboy in a terrific renewal of the $255,000 Remington Springboard Mile in the mud Dec. 14 on closing night of the 2014 Remington Park meet.
Scott Blasi, the assistant trainer to Steve Asmussen, has been relieved of his duties pending an examination of documents and videos released by the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, which alleges animal abuse.
Grade II winner Don't Get Mad, who finished fourth in the 2005 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), has been purchased by Dr. Robert Zoellner and Clark Brewster to stand in 2012 at Zoellner's Rockin' Z Ranch in Oklahoma.
The first reported foal for grade II winner Salute the Sarge is a filly out of Fair Verdict born Jan. 16 at Rockin Z Ranch in Beggs, Oklahoma.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- Catalog Online for Barretts Select Sale