Ed Wachtel was a successful New York owner/breeder whose runners included New York-bred Horse of the Year Claramount.
New York stallion Claramount, a three-time champion in the Empire State, died Feb. 17 of a ruptured aorta
Edwin Wachtel's Claramount, 1988 New York bred Horse of the Year, died of a ruptured aorta on Feb. 17 at James Edwards' The Stallion Park in Millbrook, where he had stood since entering stud in 1990. He was 19 years old.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Park Cancels Card in Deluge
- Rodriguez Suspended, Fined for Positives
- Almoonqith Wins at Meydan, Cavalryman Injured
- Godolphin One-Two in Chipping Norton Stakes
- Devine Aida Aces Sloppy Herecomesthebride
- Mongolian Khan Wins Duel for NZ Derby
- Illinois Racing Board Appointments Announced
- Palace Malice in First Work Back for Pletcher
- Extra Two Days Approved for Oaklawn Season
- Another Chapter for John Nerud