Edward Evans' homebred filly Dixie City repelled a bid from favored Believe in A.P. at the quarter pole and sailed to an easy victory in the $200,000 Demoiselle (gr. II) Nov. 27 at Aqueduct.
After a twisted and bent right shoe compromised her chances in her last effort, Susan Shipp and Cindy Polk's Coquettish will look to rebound when she faces nine rivals in the $100,000 Go For Wand Stakes at Delaware Park on Saturday.
Joseph V. Shields Jr.'s homebred House Party and jockey Jose Santos waited patiently for an opportunity in mid-stretch and squeezed through an opening to surprise 3-5 favorite Cyber Secret in the $200,000 Nassau County Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Belmont Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race