Legendary guitarist Richie Sambora will sing and perform the national anthem for the 2014 Breeders' Cup World Championships at Santa Anita Park Nov. 1 as part of a charity effort for City of Hope.
For the second year in a row City of Hope, a leading research and treatment center for cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening diseases, is the primary non-profit beneficiary for the Breeders' Cup World Championships.
The Breeders' Cup announced that it has selected City of Hope, a leading research and treatment center for cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening diseases, as its primary non-profit beneficiary for 2013.
Santa Anita Park will present 'On Track To Beat Cancer' for the second year in a row on April 22, the closing day of the 2011-12 meet.
A walk April 17 after the final race of Santa Anita's winter/spring meet raised $100,000 for the Women's Cancer Program. The walk was held on the racetrack.
Santa Anita Park and City of Hope announced March 31 a partnership that will unite the track's racing fans and the California racing industry in the fight against cancer.
Santa Anita Park and the City of Hope have announced a partnership to presenting the first-ever "On-Track to Beat Cancer" event at Santa Anita on closing day, April 17.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence