Legendary guitarist Richie Sambora will sing and perform the national anthem for the 2014 Breeders' Cup World Championships at Santa Anita Park Nov. 1 as part of a charity effort for City of Hope.
For the second year in a row City of Hope, a leading research and treatment center for cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening diseases, is the primary non-profit beneficiary for the Breeders' Cup World Championships.
The Breeders' Cup announced that it has selected City of Hope, a leading research and treatment center for cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening diseases, as its primary non-profit beneficiary for 2013.
Santa Anita Park will present 'On Track To Beat Cancer' for the second year in a row on April 22, the closing day of the 2011-12 meet.
A walk April 17 after the final race of Santa Anita's winter/spring meet raised $100,000 for the Women's Cancer Program. The walk was held on the racetrack.
Santa Anita Park and City of Hope announced March 31 a partnership that will unite the track's racing fans and the California racing industry in the fight against cancer.
Santa Anita Park and the City of Hope have announced a partnership to presenting the first-ever "On-Track to Beat Cancer" event at Santa Anita on closing day, April 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- From Turf to Dirt, Bolo Targets SA Derby
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- American Pharoah Tops KDFW Pool 4
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel