Cigar, the two-time Horse of the Year (1995-1996) who won 16 consecutive races, is among the three horses nominated to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame in the Contemporary Male Horse category.
The Allen E. Paulson Living Trust said Wednesday all horses trained by Simon Bray have been moved to the barn of Laura de Seroux and other trainers. Just four days before, Bray saddled Startac to an upset victory in the grade I Secretariat Stakes on the turf at Arlington Park.
Hallowed Dreams will attempt to set the modern-day Thoroughbred record of 17 consecutive wins Saturday when she races against four rivals in the $35,000 Millennium Stakes at Evangeline Downs.
Memorial service was held Tuesday for late breeder-owner Allen Paulson.
Allen E. Paulson, founder of the Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. whose Brookside Farms became one of North America's most successful racing and breeding entities of the 1980s and 1990s, died Wednesday in California after a lengthy illness. He was 78.
Most Popular Stories
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Oaklawn Posts Double-Digit Handle Gains
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer