The July 20 Paddock Sale at Del Mar will offer 39 horses of racing age, including 15 2-year-olds and graded winners Heir Kitty, Ciao Bella Luna, and Handsome Mike.
Heir Kitty and Handsome Mike are among the horses expected to be offered for sale at Del Mar during the third annual "race ready" racehorse sale at the track's paddock July 20.
Weewinnin, emerging at the rail in the stretch, ran away from his rivals to win the $250,000 California Cup Turf Classic at 21-1 odds by 2 1/4 lengths at Santa Anita Park Jan. 25.
Idle for more than 11 months, Kindle will put her blazing speed to the test as part of a deep field in the $200,000 Monrovia Stakes (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita Park hillside turf course Jan. 5.
TimeformUS Weekend Plays: The Raven Run read blog
Ciao Bella Luna and Lighthouse Bay head an overflow field for the $250,000 Lexus Raven Run (gr. II) at Keeneland Oct. 19, one of the final graded sprints limited to 3-year-old fillies in 2013.
Trainer Wayne Catalano was doing a little advance planning the morning of Oct. 7, both in the short term for the Keeneland meet and for a few weeks down the road at the Breeders' Cup World Championships at Santa Anita.
Iotapa, runner-up to Beholder in the Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) and coming off a win in the listed Railbird Stakes, is among the favorites for the $150,000 Hollywood Oaks (gr. II) June 22 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
After showing little in two prior stakes attempts this year, Ciao Bella Luna relished a return to a synthetic surface April 14 at Keeneland, capturing the $150,000 Beaumont Stakes Presented by Keeneland Select (gr. IIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- ROAP Seeks Regulation of 'Program Trainers'
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- RMTC Nears Recommendation on Calming Agent
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn