Weewinnin, emerging at the rail in the stretch, ran away from his rivals to win the $250,000 California Cup Turf Classic at 21-1 odds by 2 1/4 lengths at Santa Anita Park Jan. 25.
Idle for more than 11 months, Kindle will put her blazing speed to the test as part of a deep field in the $200,000 Monrovia Stakes (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita Park hillside turf course Jan. 5.
TimeformUS Weekend Plays: The Raven Run read blog
Ciao Bella Luna and Lighthouse Bay head an overflow field for the $250,000 Lexus Raven Run (gr. II) at Keeneland Oct. 19, one of the final graded sprints limited to 3-year-old fillies in 2013.
Trainer Wayne Catalano was doing a little advance planning the morning of Oct. 7, both in the short term for the Keeneland meet and for a few weeks down the road at the Breeders' Cup World Championships at Santa Anita.
Iotapa, runner-up to Beholder in the Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) and coming off a win in the listed Railbird Stakes, is among the favorites for the $150,000 Hollywood Oaks (gr. II) June 22 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
After showing little in two prior stakes attempts this year, Ciao Bella Luna relished a return to a synthetic surface April 14 at Keeneland, capturing the $150,000 Beaumont Stakes Presented by Keeneland Select (gr. IIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer