Despite a decrease in wagering on this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), daily wagering at the recently concluded 38-day spring meet at Churchill Downs rose 5.4% from the same number of days a year ago.
The 21-day fall meet at Churchill Downs, the first at the historic track since the completion of its $121 million renovation and the first since 2002 that was not limited by construction, concluded on Nov. 26 with gains in both on-track and total wagering and on-track attendance.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner