The 139th running of the $500,000-added Clark Handicap Presented by Norton Healthcare (gr. I) is the premier event on a roster of nine stakes races with total purses of $1.625 million scheduled for Churchill Downs' Fall Meet
Churchill Downs stakes schedule for 2002 includes the 128th renewals of the $1 million guaranteed Kentucky Derby and the $500,000 Kentucky Oaks - plus a record five grade I events and record total stakes purses of more than $8 million. The schedule also includes a pair of new stakes, including one named in honor of legendary track president Col. Matt Winn that will be run during the centennial anniversary of his arrival at the Louisville track.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Calumet to Sponsor KY Downs Juvenile Stakes
- 375 Cataloged for F-T Midlantic Fall Sale
- Wally's Choice Among Four for Canterbury HOF
- Travers Overnight Rating Best Since 2004
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Woodward Stakes Field Could Prove Intriguing
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score