Churchill Downs' 38-day spring meet is headlined by 26 stakes, 23 of which are graded, including the $2 million Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and $1 million Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Churchill Downs closed its 38-day spring meeting June 29, with average field size showing a decline and average daily purses decreasing slightly from the same meet in 2013.
Jockey Corey Lanerie, trainer Steve Asmussen, and owner Maggi Moss have secured titles at the Churchill Downs spring meet, which closes June 29.
The purse of the 137th Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), which will be held May 6 at Churchill Downs, will be doubled to $1 million, Churchill officials announced Jan. 14.
Churchill Downs will offer free weekday admission, which begins the week after the May 1 Kentucky Derby (gr. I). Churchill Downs opens April 24 and continues through July 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Melmich Victorious in Dominion Day
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race
- Tuttipaesi Chases Graded Repeat
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky