Churchill Downs' 38-day spring meet is headlined by 26 stakes, 23 of which are graded, including the $2 million Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and $1 million Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Churchill Downs closed its 38-day spring meeting June 29, with average field size showing a decline and average daily purses decreasing slightly from the same meet in 2013.
Jockey Corey Lanerie, trainer Steve Asmussen, and owner Maggi Moss have secured titles at the Churchill Downs spring meet, which closes June 29.
The purse of the 137th Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), which will be held May 6 at Churchill Downs, will be doubled to $1 million, Churchill officials announced Jan. 14.
Churchill Downs will offer free weekday admission, which begins the week after the May 1 Kentucky Derby (gr. I). Churchill Downs opens April 24 and continues through July 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate