Churchill Downs' 38-day spring meet is headlined by 26 stakes, 23 of which are graded, including the $2 million Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and $1 million Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Churchill Downs closed its 38-day spring meeting June 29, with average field size showing a decline and average daily purses decreasing slightly from the same meet in 2013.
Jockey Corey Lanerie, trainer Steve Asmussen, and owner Maggi Moss have secured titles at the Churchill Downs spring meet, which closes June 29.
The purse of the 137th Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), which will be held May 6 at Churchill Downs, will be doubled to $1 million, Churchill officials announced Jan. 14.
Churchill Downs will offer free weekday admission, which begins the week after the May 1 Kentucky Derby (gr. I). Churchill Downs opens April 24 and continues through July 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes