Churchill Downs' 38-day spring meet is headlined by 26 stakes, 23 of which are graded, including the $2 million Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and $1 million Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Churchill Downs closed its 38-day spring meeting June 29, with average field size showing a decline and average daily purses decreasing slightly from the same meet in 2013.
Jockey Corey Lanerie, trainer Steve Asmussen, and owner Maggi Moss have secured titles at the Churchill Downs spring meet, which closes June 29.
The purse of the 137th Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), which will be held May 6 at Churchill Downs, will be doubled to $1 million, Churchill officials announced Jan. 14.
Churchill Downs will offer free weekday admission, which begins the week after the May 1 Kentucky Derby (gr. I). Churchill Downs opens April 24 and continues through July 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Carina Mia Breezes at Churchill Downs
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer
- Coil's First Starter Wins in California
- Papa John's Again Partners With TAA
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby