Churchill Downs closed its 38-day spring meeting June 29, with average field size showing a decline and average daily purses decreasing slightly from the same meet in 2013.
Jockey Corey Lanerie, trainer Steve Asmussen, and owner Maggi Moss have secured titles at the Churchill Downs spring meet, which closes June 29.
The purse of the 137th Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), which will be held May 6 at Churchill Downs, will be doubled to $1 million, Churchill officials announced Jan. 14.
Churchill Downs will offer free weekday admission, which begins the week after the May 1 Kentucky Derby (gr. I). Churchill Downs opens April 24 and continues through July 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Park Cancels Card in Deluge
- Almoonqith Wins at Meydan, Cavalryman Injured
- Devine Aida Aces Sloppy Herecomesthebride
- Mongolian Khan Wins Duel for NZ Derby
- Illinois Racing Board Appointments Announced
- Extra Two Days Approved for Oaklawn Season
- Pride of Dubai Wins Blue Diamond Thriller
- Another Chapter for John Nerud
- Shamal Wind, Suavito Sprint to Caulfield Wins
- Oaklawn Park Cancels Feb. 28 Racing