Lady Aurelia, impressive track record-setter at Keeneland in her career debut, was scratched from the $100,000 Kentucky Juvenile Stakes at Churchill Downs May 5 to await the Queen Mary Stakes (Eng-II) at Royal Ascot.
A field of eight 2-year-olds is set to square off in the 111th running of the $100,000 Bashford Manor Stakes (gr. III) that highlights the June 30 card at Churchill Downs.
State of Play is one of two Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT) entries owned by Team Valor International, which won this race last year with Pluck.
Cash Refund had his final prep for the Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) by working five furlongs in company in 1:00 1/5 over a fast track on a cool Oct. 29 morning at Churchill Downs.
Jay Em Ess Stable's Arson Squad took over at the top of the lane and bounded home for his second straight graded stakes score in the $169,650 Alysheba Stakes (gr. III) April 30 at Churchill Downs.
Scenes from the Walt Disney Studio's forthcoming motion picture "Secretariat," starring Diane Lane as Penny Chenery and John Malkovich as Lucien Laurin, will be filmed at Churchill Downs starting Oct. 5. Officials said filming at the track is expected to last five days.
Italian group I winner Sumati invades Churchill Downs Saturday from his Southern California base for a run in the $100,000-added Louisville Handicap (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand