By selecting Churchill Downs to host the Breeders' Cup World Championships for two years in a row (2010-11) the Breeders' Cup is sending a message it is unlikely the annual event will return to smaller venues.
On the morning April 30, all the elements were coming together for two storms: the perfect storm that could result in a record crowd for the Kentucky Oaks and the heavy thunderstorms that are forecast for Kentucky Derby Day.
Most Popular Stories
- Bal a Bali Vying for U.S. Score in American
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining