Owner Charles "Chuck" Sandford died at his home near Chicago Dec. 2 following a long battle with cancer. He was 70.
A colt by Unbridled's Song was purchased by Chuck Sandford for $400,000 to be the top-priced offering during the first half of the yearling portion of the Fasig-Tipon Kentucky July sale in Lexington July 14.
Florida Derby (gr. I) winner Take Charge Indy continued his preparations for Friday's $400,000 Clark Handicap Presented by Norton Healthcare (gr. I) with a three-furlong workout in :35 2/5.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. February select sale of 2-year-olds in training suffered downturns in its key business figures of gross, average price, and median price for the second year in a row.
Price surpasses sale-topping amount at 2009 edition of February juvenile auction.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm