Blaming a decline in purse money earned earned from wagering sources during its 2008 spring meet, Churchill Downs Racetrack has slashed its stakes program for the upcoming fall meet by $975,000 through purse reductions in 11 stakes races and the elimination of two others.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- MJC Hopes to Alter 2015 Laurel Racing Dates
- Belmont Stakes: American Pharoah Arrives
- Pharoah Fits Profile of Triple Crown Winner
- Buyers Selective On Day 1 of MM Yearling Sale
- Five New Additions for TOBA Owners Concierge
- WV Racing to Have Role in Legislative Review