Two-time group I winner Declaration of War will retire from racing to stand at Coolmore's headquarters in Fethard, County Tipperary, Ireland following his final start in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) Nov. 2.
The leading international sire died of natural causes at Coolmore Stud in Ireland.
Dual Breeders' Cup hero High Chaparral, runaway Lockinge Stakes winner Hawk Wing, and international sprinting sensation Choisir will be joined on the new Coolmore stallion roster by Catcher In The Rye, Spartacus, and Statue Of Liberty.
By Christy Grassick -- It has been both a pleasure and a privilege to have been involved with Sadler's Wells. He is without doubt the best sire Europe has ever seen. The fact he has sired 200 stakes winners is proof enough of that.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Hong Kong Stars to Battle on Sunday at Sha Tin
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Look Back: Master Derby Wins Louisiana Derby
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes