The $300,000 Evangeline Downs Turf Sprint, a newly-created event for 3-year-olds and up at a distance of five furlongs to be run June 21, is the centerpiece of the 2014 Evangeline Downs stakes schedule released Feb. 26.
Evangeline Downs Racetrack, Casino & Hotel and Boyd Gaming Feb. 19 announced the creation of one of the richest turf sprint stakes in the U.S.: the $300,000 Evangeline Downs Turf Sprint to be run June 21.
Having recently completed its first season under the leadership of new owner Boyd Gaming, Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino will conduct its annual 2-year-old-in-training sale March 9.
Evangeline Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel in conjunction with the Breeders' Sale Company of Louisiana will host a 2-year-olds in training sale March 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- On the Muscle, Dortmund Ready for San Felipe
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Carpe Diem Faces Ocean Knight in Tampa Derby
- Gulfstream 'Cap Distance Fits Private Zone
- Winning Prize to Defend Kilroe Mile Title
- Conquest Two Step One to Beat in San Carlos
- Retired Trainer Lake Dies in Saratoga Springs
- BC Tickets Still Available After Day One Sale