Santa Anita Park will present 'On Track To Beat Cancer' for the second year in a row on April 22, the closing day of the 2011-12 meet.
Santa Anita will be celebrating the recent birth of Zenyatta's newly arrived foal March 17. The track will give away "It's a Boy" posters to those in attendance and will also hold an autograph session with "Team Zenyatta."
Santa Anita Park announced Jan. 12 that Tom Quigley, publisher of The HorsePlayer Magazine, has been appointed to the newly created position of VIP Player Concierge, effective immediately.
On-track patrons at Santa Anita Park this season will be able to bet via mobile phone wagering application, the track announced Dec. 21.
Santa Anita has has launched an alternate website, www.santaanitalive.com, in an effort to reach a broader, younger audience by offering a wide array of content, much of which is not horse racing-specific.
Santa Anita announced Oct. 5 it has undertaken a reorganization that includes merging of some departments, streamlining of finance and operations departments, and a reduction in management and seasonal workforce.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop