Santa Anita Park will present 'On Track To Beat Cancer' for the second year in a row on April 22, the closing day of the 2011-12 meet.
Santa Anita will be celebrating the recent birth of Zenyatta's newly arrived foal March 17. The track will give away "It's a Boy" posters to those in attendance and will also hold an autograph session with "Team Zenyatta."
Santa Anita Park announced Jan. 12 that Tom Quigley, publisher of The HorsePlayer Magazine, has been appointed to the newly created position of VIP Player Concierge, effective immediately.
On-track patrons at Santa Anita Park this season will be able to bet via mobile phone wagering application, the track announced Dec. 21.
Santa Anita has has launched an alternate website, www.santaanitalive.com, in an effort to reach a broader, younger audience by offering a wide array of content, much of which is not horse racing-specific.
Santa Anita announced Oct. 5 it has undertaken a reorganization that includes merging of some departments, streamlining of finance and operations departments, and a reduction in management and seasonal workforce.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Tamarando Retired, Will Stand at Harris Farms