The Illinois Racing Board June 23, amid warnings the state's racing industry is at "death's door," narrowly refused to let Arlington International Racecourse trim its daily programs to fewer than eight races.
Arlington Park, which begins its 2013 season May 3, has made a change in its configuration for races contested at 1 1/16 miles on the main track.
A schedule of 11 overnight stakes races worth an aggregate $725,000 for the 2012 meet was announced by Arlington Park March 21.
Arlington Park is offering a free pass to its biggest races for the winners of key European events - the latest in a long series of efforts to bolster the "international" part of the "International Festival of Racing."
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Three Stakes Highlight Los Alamitos Summer Meet