Led by a Smart Strike filly sold for $525,000, the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training got off to a solid start May 22 with across-the-board gains in a market that continued the trends seen earlier in the juvenile auction season.
Fasig-Tipton's Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium, Md., concluded its two-day run on May 20 with mixed results.
Jim Glavin, co-owner of Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint candidate Merit Man, wanted a stable name and colors that stood out.
Chris Brothers will be watching the Florida Derby (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park with great interest March 31.
New York native previously had served as Hidden Brook's bloodstock/sales director.
Participants in the Keeneland September yearling sale talk about falling prices for horses and the effects of America's growing financial crisis.
A strapping A.P. Indy colt topped the seventh annual Adena Springs sale of 2-year-olds in training Monday, bringing $380,000 during the Central Florida auction that was conducted by the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. (OBS) for the multiple Eclipse Award-winning operation headed by Frank Stronach.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham