Trainer Steve Hobby earned the 1,000th win of his career March 1 when Ruthless Empire easily won seventh race at Oaklawn Park, a maiden claiming event, as the 4-5 favorite under jockey Rosemary Homeister Jr.
Dapple Stable's Capeside Lady, the 7-10 favorite under Stewart Elliott, overtook the pacesetting Injustice leaving the quarter-pole and drew off to a decisive 3 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 Bayakoa at Oaklawn Park.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick - Nearing $1 million in earnings, Chindi's days as a runner may be numbered, but they aren't over yet.
Heavy favorite Beau's Town and jockey Jamie Theriot grabbed the lead on the turn and held off Honor Me and Rodney Trader through the stretch for a half-length victory in Thursday's $150,000 Count Fleet Sprint Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
Beau's Town, the brilliant Arkansas-bred sprinter sporting wins this year in Oaklawn's King Cotton and Fair Grounds' Peletieri Breeders' Cup Stakes, heads the field of six in Thursday's $150,000 Count Fleet Sprint Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
Churchill Downs raises the curtain on the 113th Fall Meet in its storied history on Sunday, Oct. 27 with a ten-race card that includes the 10th running of the $100,000-added Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) as its featured event.
Chindi beat Smolderin Heart by 1 1/2 lengths in the $113,700 Ack Ack Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-olds and older Sunday on opening day of the fall meet at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- African Story Tries Super Saturday Challenge
- Water Bucket Heater Caused Chanteclaire Fire
- No Grade for 2015 Herecomesthebride Stakes
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/3/2015
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir be "The Boss"
- Breeding Entities Pledge Support to TAA
- Slideshow: Sports Guys