Trainer Steve Hobby earned the 1,000th win of his career March 1 when Ruthless Empire easily won seventh race at Oaklawn Park, a maiden claiming event, as the 4-5 favorite under jockey Rosemary Homeister Jr.
Dapple Stable's Capeside Lady, the 7-10 favorite under Stewart Elliott, overtook the pacesetting Injustice leaving the quarter-pole and drew off to a decisive 3 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 Bayakoa at Oaklawn Park.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick - Nearing $1 million in earnings, Chindi's days as a runner may be numbered, but they aren't over yet.
Heavy favorite Beau's Town and jockey Jamie Theriot grabbed the lead on the turn and held off Honor Me and Rodney Trader through the stretch for a half-length victory in Thursday's $150,000 Count Fleet Sprint Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
Beau's Town, the brilliant Arkansas-bred sprinter sporting wins this year in Oaklawn's King Cotton and Fair Grounds' Peletieri Breeders' Cup Stakes, heads the field of six in Thursday's $150,000 Count Fleet Sprint Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
Churchill Downs raises the curtain on the 113th Fall Meet in its storied history on Sunday, Oct. 27 with a ten-race card that includes the 10th running of the $100,000-added Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) as its featured event.
Chindi beat Smolderin Heart by 1 1/2 lengths in the $113,700 Ack Ack Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-olds and older Sunday on opening day of the fall meet at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown