Barbara Borden, a longtime racing official on the Kentucky circuit, was named state racing steward effective April 1, the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission announced March 20.
- By Claire Novak
In the first carbon dioxide overage announced since random tests were instituted in Kentucky in the spring of 2005, a horse trained by Reynaldo Abreu turned up positive in a pre-race blood sample taken April 18 at Keeneland. Subsequently, the trainer was fined $1,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Birdatthewire Makes Gulfstream Return
- Evangeline Downs Hosts LA Legends Night