Barbara Borden, a longtime racing official on the Kentucky circuit, was named state racing steward effective April 1, the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission announced March 20.
- By Claire Novak
In the first carbon dioxide overage announced since random tests were instituted in Kentucky in the spring of 2005, a horse trained by Reynaldo Abreu turned up positive in a pre-race blood sample taken April 18 at Keeneland. Subsequently, the trainer was fined $1,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded