Lacking the previous day's fireworks on the acquisition of Irish record-priced filly Chicquita, a more subdued second session Nov. 23 closed a successful week for the Goffs November sales.
Peter and Ross Doyle went to an Irish sale record price of €6 million ($8,128,284 in United States funds) for Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) winner Chicquita at the first session of Goffs' November breeding stock sale Nov. 22.
Temperamental French raider Chicquita scored her first career win in the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) July 20 at the Curragh, but before her connections could celebrate they had to wait out a lengthy stewards' inquiry.
Impressive Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) winner Talent and Royal Ascot victress Riposte headline an eight-horse field for the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) July 20 at the Curragh.
Treve unleashed an explosive acceleration in the straight and won the Prix de Diane Longines (Fr-I) in her stakes debut June 16 at Chantilly.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail