The Breeders' Cup Turf always brings the world into these World Championships. This year's $3 million event attracted another accomplished group of European raiders looking to extend their dominance over America.
Madame Chiang capitalized when erratic front-runner Chicquita dramatically hung left in the final 100 yards and captured the QIPCO Fillies and Mares Stakes (Eng-I) Oct.18 at Ascot.
Silk Sari bids to resume her remarkable rise through the ranks when she turns out for the Ã‚Â£607,500 Qipco British Champions Fillies & Mares Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot Oct. 19.
Lacking the previous day's fireworks on the acquisition of Irish record-priced filly Chicquita, a more subdued second session Nov. 23 closed a successful week for the Goffs November sales.
Peter and Ross Doyle went to an Irish sale record price of €6 million ($8,128,284 in United States funds) for Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) winner Chicquita at the first session of Goffs' November breeding stock sale Nov. 22.
Temperamental French raider Chicquita scored her first career win in the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) July 20 at the Curragh, but before her connections could celebrate they had to wait out a lengthy stewards' inquiry.
Impressive Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) winner Talent and Royal Ascot victress Riposte headline an eight-horse field for the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) July 20 at the Curragh.
Treve unleashed an explosive acceleration in the straight and won the Prix de Diane Longines (Fr-I) in her stakes debut June 16 at Chantilly.
Most Popular Stories
- Texas Red Denies Frosted in Jim Dandy
- Rock Fall Edges The Big Beast in Vanderbilt
- Madefromlucky Gets Job Done in WV Derby
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Gabriel Charles Set for Arlington Million
- Champ Work All Week Takes Mountaineer Stakes
- Trinniberg Winner Falling Sky Could Go to Spa
- Palace to Miss Remainder of Saratoga Meet
- Holy Boss Extends Streak in Amsterdam
- Travers Purse $1.6 Million if 'Pharoah' Runs