The Breeders' Cup Turf always brings the world into these World Championships. This year's $3 million event attracted another accomplished group of European raiders looking to extend their dominance over America.
Madame Chiang capitalized when erratic front-runner Chicquita dramatically hung left in the final 100 yards and captured the QIPCO Fillies and Mares Stakes (Eng-I) Oct.18 at Ascot.
Silk Sari bids to resume her remarkable rise through the ranks when she turns out for the Ã‚Â£607,500 Qipco British Champions Fillies & Mares Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot Oct. 19.
Lacking the previous day's fireworks on the acquisition of Irish record-priced filly Chicquita, a more subdued second session Nov. 23 closed a successful week for the Goffs November sales.
Peter and Ross Doyle went to an Irish sale record price of €6 million ($8,128,284 in United States funds) for Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) winner Chicquita at the first session of Goffs' November breeding stock sale Nov. 22.
Temperamental French raider Chicquita scored her first career win in the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) July 20 at the Curragh, but before her connections could celebrate they had to wait out a lengthy stewards' inquiry.
Impressive Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) winner Talent and Royal Ascot victress Riposte headline an eight-horse field for the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) July 20 at the Curragh.
Treve unleashed an explosive acceleration in the straight and won the Prix de Diane Longines (Fr-I) in her stakes debut June 16 at Chantilly.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Espinoza Tied in World's Best Jock Standings
- Horse Greeley Sold to Stand in Argentina
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified