The Breeders' Cup Turf always brings the world into these World Championships. This year's $3 million event attracted another accomplished group of European raiders looking to extend their dominance over America.
Madame Chiang capitalized when erratic front-runner Chicquita dramatically hung left in the final 100 yards and captured the QIPCO Fillies and Mares Stakes (Eng-I) Oct.18 at Ascot.
Silk Sari bids to resume her remarkable rise through the ranks when she turns out for the Ã‚Â£607,500 Qipco British Champions Fillies & Mares Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot Oct. 19.
Lacking the previous day's fireworks on the acquisition of Irish record-priced filly Chicquita, a more subdued second session Nov. 23 closed a successful week for the Goffs November sales.
Peter and Ross Doyle went to an Irish sale record price of €6 million ($8,128,284 in United States funds) for Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) winner Chicquita at the first session of Goffs' November breeding stock sale Nov. 22.
Temperamental French raider Chicquita scored her first career win in the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) July 20 at the Curragh, but before her connections could celebrate they had to wait out a lengthy stewards' inquiry.
Impressive Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) winner Talent and Royal Ascot victress Riposte headline an eight-horse field for the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) July 20 at the Curragh.
Treve unleashed an explosive acceleration in the straight and won the Prix de Diane Longines (Fr-I) in her stakes debut June 16 at Chantilly.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa