A record-setting $430,000 yearling was the highlight of a strong Fasig-Tipton New York-bred preferred yearling sale, which ended its two-night run on a powerful upswing for the third year in a row.
Caleb's Posse, last year's Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) winner, has been retired from racing and will stand at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., in 2013.
Apprentice Quincy Hamilton ended Cliff Berry's run of eight consecutive riding titles at Remington Park as the Oklahoma track brought down the curtain on its 65-day meeting for 2004 Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Slideshow: 2015 Kentucky Derby Day
- International Star Scratched from the Derby
- Zayat Compliments Churchill on Treatment
- Lovely Maria Easily Captures Kentucky Oaks
- El Kabeir Scratched From Kentucky Derby
- Finnegans Wake Flies Home, Takes Turf Classic
- CDI Reports Record $194.3M in Derby Day Bets
- Tonalist Surges to Win Westchester Stakes
- Private Zone Delivers in Churchill Downs