Dual grade II winner Madefromlucky seeks a rebound from his seventh in the Sept. 19 Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) in the $150,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 11 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Todd Pletcher trainee Madefromlucky enjoyed some class relief and found his way to the winner's circle May 9 in the $200,000 Peter Pan Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park, with the June 6 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) his next target.
A record-setting $430,000 yearling was the highlight of a strong Fasig-Tipton New York-bred preferred yearling sale, which ended its two-night run on a powerful upswing for the third year in a row.
Caleb's Posse, last year's Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) winner, has been retired from racing and will stand at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., in 2013.
Apprentice Quincy Hamilton ended Cliff Berry's run of eight consecutive riding titles at Remington Park as the Oklahoma track brought down the curtain on its 65-day meeting for 2004 Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- First Winner for Caleb's Posse at Gulfstream
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- Horse Caucus Takes Testimony on Drug Bill
- Espinoza Back for More in Kentucky Derby