Dual grade II winner Madefromlucky seeks a rebound from his seventh in the Sept. 19 Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) in the $150,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 11 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Todd Pletcher trainee Madefromlucky enjoyed some class relief and found his way to the winner's circle May 9 in the $200,000 Peter Pan Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park, with the June 6 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) his next target.
A record-setting $430,000 yearling was the highlight of a strong Fasig-Tipton New York-bred preferred yearling sale, which ended its two-night run on a powerful upswing for the third year in a row.
Caleb's Posse, last year's Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) winner, has been retired from racing and will stand at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., in 2013.
Apprentice Quincy Hamilton ended Cliff Berry's run of eight consecutive riding titles at Remington Park as the Oklahoma track brought down the curtain on its 65-day meeting for 2004 Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'