A sharp claim a year ago, Marilyn's Guy notched his first graded stakes victory March 17 at Aqueduct when he held off a game effort by San Pablo to win by a neck in the $150,000 Excelsior (gr. III).
Rigoletta, one of the leading 2-year-old fillies of 2010, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury discovered after she ran sixth in the Honeybee Stakes (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
She was born Jan. 24 at Chesapeake Farm near Lexington.
Declines, but not big ones, are expected at the Keeneland September yearling sale, which begins Monday.
Drew Nardiello's Chesapeake Farm, known for raising 2007 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Street Sense, has relocated to Wimbledon Farm.
Chesapeake Farm near Lexington has hired Brian Lyle as director of customer service and Thoroughbred consultant.
Most Popular Stories
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- That Handicapping Show: Rebel Stakes
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- LTBA Announces 2013 Champions
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel