A sharp claim a year ago, Marilyn's Guy notched his first graded stakes victory March 17 at Aqueduct when he held off a game effort by San Pablo to win by a neck in the $150,000 Excelsior (gr. III).
Rigoletta, one of the leading 2-year-old fillies of 2010, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury discovered after she ran sixth in the Honeybee Stakes (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
She was born Jan. 24 at Chesapeake Farm near Lexington.
Declines, but not big ones, are expected at the Keeneland September yearling sale, which begins Monday.
Drew Nardiello's Chesapeake Farm, known for raising 2007 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Street Sense, has relocated to Wimbledon Farm.
Chesapeake Farm near Lexington has hired Brian Lyle as director of customer service and Thoroughbred consultant.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Arizona's Global Symposium Registration Open
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning
- Paladin Bay Seeks to Tame Bison City Stakes
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars